Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Writers Strike

I have to give credit where credit is due. . . if it was not for the writers strike I would not have found M*A*S*H reruns on TV Land. Thanks guys. This has shown me that old reruns are far better than most (say 95%) of the junk you folks are pumping out today for the TV masses. With the exception of maybe 4 to 6 shows on the main networks – NCIS, CSI, Ghost Whisperer, Moonlight and possibly The Unit and Criminal Minds the rest of what you are putting out is junk. The only good sitcoms out there is Two and a Half Men. How I met you Mother was good, but it is getting old on me quick. Cable is not much better having given us Battlestar Galactia that ends this year and Dr Who which as we all know comes from the UK anyway. . .

I am holding some hope out for Jericho when it comes back next week if you guys didn’t screw it up in the recovery process. . . Thank God for Cable. I would be lost without the History Channels, Discovery and the Military Channel. Having an 8 month old does take up a lot of my spare time but thanks to the strike I am getting back into reading too. If I get one good show a night to watch I am doing good. It will be interesting to see where TV goes from here. . . I wonder if we have learned anything from this mess and being bombarded with dumb reality shows and the left over’s from last seasons that didn’t make the grade for prime time. . .

No comments: