Thursday, February 14, 2008

Jericho is BACK!!!

Watched the first show of the new season of Jericho last night and I must say I am happy with where they are going with it. I am not sure if they got everyone to come back to the show since a few of the characters were not in the story last night but the brothers and Hawkins is back and it looks like he has a great story line coming.

As they went over things a bit as to how the broken up USA is getting back together I couldn’t help but wonder if this actually happened would the old Confederate States reform? It would be a chance for them to cut loose all the liberals in the Northeast and West Coast and go back to the way the Constitution says it should be. They didn’t really say what is up with the south on the show, just that Texas was still independent (there’s a surprise) and the Midwest and West coast were all together. I think the South would do OK this time around now that it has some industry and such to support it. I am very interested in where they will go in the story.

The move to make Jake the sheriff in town was interesting and I think well played by the military commander. It made sense and it does fit well with the story and characters. Of course the rumors are that things will not stay nice and easy for long. . .. if they did the show would be pointless so I expected that. I think Mr. Hawkins new mission should be just the thing to spice things up as it develops. Than and folks dealing with a new flag and a new country that you can see they are uneasy with.

I find it hard to believe that Americans would go for the new country and flag, and this is well played in the reactions you see as the new flag was raised in town.

All in all a great start to the new season. I am bummed it is only seven episodes but that’s due to the writers strike and the late start on the show I am sure. I hope it does well in the new time slot, it is a bit late for me but I will be taping them and watching on Wednesdays. Hears to a good season two so we can see a season three. . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very interested in this episode. It was neat to see that Jericho has changed, very much, since we left them. The show is almost a different show with everyone's power back on and television and such working. I was pleasantly surprised that, while Jericho is changing, what made me like the show is still there. I'll be watching right along with you!