Monday, February 18, 2008

New England is loosing it’s young folk

News today says that New England is loosing it’s young folk to other parts of the country. If you are between 25 and 35 you are more likely to leave NE for greener grass. And by that I mean a better job, more available jobs, and cheaper housing – otherwise known as a better standard of living.

So if the Democrat ideal of a Social/welfare state is so good for everyone then why are folks leaving the nice blue New England area. . . . maybe because it don’t work. We have plenty of welfare here, but if you want self respect, a job that pays a living wage, and to have the American Dream of owning a nice house forget it. Some of us do make it but that is due more to luck and who our parent are than the ability to get ahead here in good old Massachusetts from my experience.

I have known a few engineers that went to school here, got their first job here, then moved out. When asked why they all had the same answer. . . It costs too much here. I can’t afford to put anything away toward a house. Once they are married they start to look at thing a bit different and our welfare state don’t cut it any more.

Our loss is the gain of the South. . . . and the way our politicians keep on their blinders to all the failed social experiments it won’t be changing any time soon. I may be out of the age range since I am 40 but I fully expect that once my family commitments are done here ( My folks and my wife’s live near by and we want to be around them) I will be picking up my family and running for a new life south of the Mason Dixon line myself. How can I not? I want to be able to live without the state being my Nanny and to be able to retire some day. . . Things that will never happen if I stay here.

Think about it next November and vote a liberal out of office (note I did not say a Democrat or Republican) The job and lifestyle you save may be your own.

No comments: