Monday, February 25, 2008

Spiderwick Review

The wife and I took the girls to go see Spiderwick over the weekend and I think I can safely say two thumbs UP for this one.

The story revolves around a single mom and her three kids (two boys and an older girl) as they move into a new house. Things start to get a bit strange after one of the boys finds a book left there by their grate grandfather. They have to start dealing with some strange stuff going on that has to deal with the unseen world and the fairies tat live there. I don’t want to give it away but let me tell you it was worth the price of admission.

The story was good, the effects were great, and it sucked you right in. When it was over I was left wondering where the time went, it did not seem like I had been sitting there long enough for the movie to be over. The characters were good, a bit short on development but hey, it is the first movie from a set of books I believe. I do know I am going to have to look them up. If they are as good as the movie then they will be well worth the read for me and the kids. It was also nice to see the girl had a strong character and was not wasting everyone’s time needing to be saved. . . she was a good strong character that could take care of herself and her brothers. . .

Go see it, it is worth it

No comments: