Thursday, February 28, 2008

Car Insurance in Massachusetts

I love it. Now they say that by deregulation of our auto insurance the price will go up. They did this promising us that it will reduce our rates but nope. . . not going to happen. We already pay more than most for insurance and now it will go up. Why am I not surprised? I could have told you this would happen, it happened before when they deregulated Cable TV and Airlines (ya, they got better didn’t they – service what is that. . .)

They did this to us before, the only difference is it was the Feds deregulation of Cable TV with the promises it would save us money and promote competition. Well, my rates went up, are still going up, and they have locked in one company for the town so there is no competition (unless I want to cut all my trees down for satellite TV). I want FIOS, Comcast sucks and is WAY overpriced.

Deregulation does not seem to work because no matter what they do, they never really open up the market for competition, they just pull off the stops for the cost, but we still have no choice. . .

Well, there goes more of my pay. . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.