Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Can Mitt pull it off

What does Romney need to do to pull this off. . . . I don’t care what the media says, McCain is not a sure thing yet – he is still short of the count he needs to get the nomination. Can Romney make a deal with someone to get the votes he needs to be the nomine?

I wonder if it would be worth the baggage that comes with Huckabee for Romney to start talking to him about a joint ticket. Would folks vote for him with Huckabee as the VP?
I for one would do it. Better to deal with Huckabee than the damage that Clinton would do. I think that he could be controlled enough as a VP to make it work. The question becomes would Romney loose too many from the middle ground in his quest to get the conservatives? This I don’t know but I bet that people are thinking about it. I would rather see Ron Paul as VP but he is not bringing enough to the table for that to happen.
I can’t see McCain working with either Huckabee or Romney as VP. He is just too liberal to go for it. He is riding the split in the Republican party all the way to the nomination. He may be better than Hillary as President but not by much. He has made too many deals with the liberals, and he usually sides with them when push comes to shove, selling out those of us that are for small government, free speech and the Constitution.

2 comments:

J said...

MITT/NEWT

JD said...

Newt would be a nice pick, but would he be willing to jump in and would he be willing to be VP/second fiddle?