Thursday, February 21, 2008

Michelle Obama’s Latest

“Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.” – Michelle Obama

OK now I am scared. I know he will demand I work, how else will we support the welfare state that he will bring on us. I am sure his plans include taxes going through the roof and us working folks will have to step up and pay for it for him. . . . Thanks

The rest that scares me is how he will demand so much of me and my changing my life. . . I am sorry but other than wishing I made a few more bucks a week (which he will take anyway) I am happy with my life as it is and I don’t want to be forced to change it. Ya know what? I would rather the government stay out of my life as much as possible. As long as I am not hurting anyone else the government has not job telling me how I am to live my life – sorry. There is a great report on her speech here

Someone needs to have a talk with Michelle and teach her what the Constitutional duties of the President are. . . His job is not to run my life, it is to act as a check and balance with the other two branches of government (that would be the congress and the courts Michelle). The Federal Government is supposed to keep itself busy dealing with the big things like other countries and interstate issues. It was never intended for the Fed to be involved anywhere near as much as it is in our everyday lives. Read the Federalist Papers ( written by Hamilton, Madison and Jay, a few folks that know what was going on) some time to get a good understanding of the FEAR the people had of the federal government getting too strong. They feared things going exactly where they are today. . . More people should read this stuff so we can all understand what our government was and is supposed to be and then we can work on changing it to match what our founding fathers wanted

No comments: