Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Jericho

Jericho is back tonight and I am psyched to say the least. I am a bit bummed that they moved the time to 10 which is past my bed time but we can tape it and watch it tomorrow night. It will be good to see a new show for a change. I am glad it is not against any other shows I watch on Tuesdays, this is one of the better nights for TV with NCIS and The Unit on before Jericho so it is turning into a great night for TV.

I am a bit bummed by the end last season, and the previews so far show a splintered US which I am not sure I like or not, I guess it will depend on how they deal with it. I think the great part of the show was watching a small town that I could see as my own dealing with this huge event. If they get lost in the big picture at the national level I think it will spoil the show. I agree that it was getting into a bit of a rut just dealing with the two towns fighting each other but the heart of the show is the characters that they built up. They are cool and you can actually care about them so I really want to see what happened to them. I have not heard if they all came back or not, I hope so. I guess I will find out tonight. I don’t like spoilers so I have not done much digging on line about the new season. I hope it did not get hacked up too much due to the writers strike like LOST did.

It’s nice to see that folks can make a difference with what they put on TV. A great show like this did not deserve the end it got. There are too few shows out there today that deal with real issues between the characters and have a story line you need to pay attention to in order to follow. So much of TV has been dummed down for the masses that it just isn’t worth the time to watch it. I am amazed how much money is spent on the reality shows and how many folks watch them. If I want reality I will deal with my own life. . . I want to watch TV to get away from reality for a while, lost in a good old style quality story thank you.

No comments: