Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jericho

OK, they are still going well, I think I am going to like the new twists to the show this season. I must admit I find it a bit hard to swallow the idea that most folks would just roll over and let them rewrite history so I am glad they are pushing back on that one. I also find it hard to go with the massive right wing conspiracy to set off the bombs though. . . I don’t think anyone is that nuts. I still think if that was to happen it would be terrorists doing it. . . I am not too thrilled with them putting that on the right wing folks and calling for changes to the Constitution. The right wingers are the ones that usually want less government and for us to follow the Constitution to the letter, not the left. I am also not sure how to take the rewrite of history they talk about in the new books, that sounds like Hollywood propaganda against the Conservatives again but we will see how it plays out. The fact that they are still going with good characters that support real American Ideals and that the conservatives in Jericho are the good guys gives me hope that the show will not get bogged down in leftist BS propaganda and will stay true to the characters and telling a good story.

The way the country has separated is also interesting. I could buy the liberal “blue states” on the coasts wanting to start over and dump the Constitution and all, but I don’t see it working well in most places. I would expect probably parts of New England and California to secede from the union but I am not sure most other states would, even the South. . . .

I think one of the most interesting developments was the announcement that we let the UN send in troops and put them on the border between east and west. That may be a liberal dream, but I think we have too many rednecks here that would take that as an act of aggression by the UN. Them blue helmets would make nifty targets. . . . As Charlie Daniels said “we may have done a little bit of fighting amongst ourselves but you outside folks had best leave us alone. . .”

It was good to see them start to move to fix things. The show was going to need a new direction to keep going anyway. How long can you watch the two towns fight. . . . I think the move to have Hawks try to get the info to Texas and expose the conspiracy was great. This is a great story line and I can’t wait to see where they go with it.

In the end I think you would see it is the military, the special forces and the “rednecks” that would fight with all they have to bring the US back together again under the original constitution. The ease with which they have supposed military folks working for the new government shocks me a little. I am also not to sure folks would sit around and let a self appointed leader run things. We put a lot of stock in our elections and I don’t thing anyone could run things here long without a vote the people thought was valid. . . it is too ingrained in us both military and civilian to let that happen.

Gotta say though, once again they have me watching every second, and loving it. I like the idea that it makes you think about things and keeps you on the edge of your seat most of the time. It was also good to see Shoshannah back as Bonnie and how she has warmed up to Mimi. . . I thought it was funny when she was talking to the new relief woman about here and she said she scared too her but she likes her. Overall a good episode and a nice step forward in the story.

No comments: