Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cali losing people. . .

From Komo News:

California's loss is extremely small in a state of 38 million. And, in fact, the state's population continues to increase overall because of births and immigration, legal and illegal. But it is the fourth consecutive year that more residents decamped from California for other states than arrived here from within the U.S., according to state demographers.

A losing streak that long hasn't happened in California since the recession of the early 1990s, when departures outstripped arrivals from other states by 362,000 in 1994 alone.

I don't know why this surprises folks, they tax the hell out of you and treat you like a criminal and wonder why you are leaving?

I think we will see more of this in MA soon too if it has not started already. Liberal ideas are great but don't work in the real world. The folks stuck paying for them don't like handing over 40%-50% or more of their pay check to the state so they move. I know that when I can I will leave MA and be happy about it. Right now I could not sell my house if I needed to so I am stuck like many others here.

I will be very interested in seeing what happens if and when the market turns around. If Obama has not destroyed the rest of the country I think you will see lots of folks heading out of MA for a free state. . . . I think the companies and jobs will follow them too. Companies don't want to pay taxes any more than you do. . . .

No comments: