Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And now it is Done

That is how you do it folk. A peaceful passing of power. No one was hurt, a new party is running things and we are all one for today.

Tomorrow we will go back to fighting over the best way to lead the country but for today we are one.

And for all the Euro Weenies and the UN out there that cry about how many guns we have here. . . you know what? Not one of them was used in the change of power. It can happen that way when everyone acts like an adult and with honor.

We have made history, we have our first black President. I wish him well and a long and happy life. That does not mean I will agree with all he does, and will make my feeling known when I think he goes against the best interests of our country and our Constitution.

I hope he can do what is needed to truly bring us back together as a people and fix our economy. To do this he will have to stand up to Congress who is already working to push partisan laws such as gay marriage and gun control on us. We don’t need more division, we don’t need Congress limiting our rights. I hope you are up to the job President Obama, because we desperately need someone who is. I hope you will continue your move to the middle and will govern reasonably and by our Constitution. I hope you can bring back the greatness that was once this country. . . .

No comments: