Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another Mass Moment

They now want to test our kids in school and decide who was fat and who was not then send home a note to the parents to fix it. . . .

Can you say slippery slope? What comes next? I can tell you easily - what good is a rule if they can't force you to do something about it? The next step will be that if you don't get your kid back to what they call a healthy weight you will get some kind of punishment. . . you will get a fine or who knows what . . .

And lets not even start on the damage to the child of being publicly called fat by the school. I don't care what they say word will get out, it always does. You think this helps the kids? You think we have problems with them having eating disorders now due to Hollyweird you ain't seen nothin yet folks. This has not been thought out, if it had it would be a dead issue already.

We need to slap the fool that came up with this quickly! Deval Patrick needs to be removed from office next time around and taught that we don't need the state messing with our family's. Folks know when they are fat Deval. My doctor shows me where my kids fit on the height and weight scales every year when they get a check up. The schools do not have any business in this. If my doctor is happy then the school can go to hell with what they want.

Which brings up our schools. We need to take them back too. BS ideas like this just encourage them to think they know what is better for my kid than I do. I will tell you what, you DON'T.

Teachers have one job only. Teach my kid. And in many Mass schools they can't even do that right. (Charter schools score best on teaching kids here and Deval just gave into the unions and said we won't buld any more charter schools, see my earlier post on that one. . . ) When it comes to what they eat or do outside of school just butt out, it is not your business and you have NO SAY in it so SHUT UP. I am the parent, deal with it. You want to have total control over a child then have your own kid and keep you hands off mine.

Deval Patric strikes again! "Together we CAN" mess up this state beyond recognition. Keep it up. I pray we wake up and vote him out soon. . . .

No comments: