Monday, February 2, 2009

Gun Club still closed

We got a good review from the NRA but it is not official until the home office sees it and all that stuff

On the bad news front it looks like the nice folks that moved into the neighborhood want us closed down permanently. I bet they have been waiting for a shot at this for a long time. I don’t think they can legally do it but you never know in Mass. . .

I still want to know how they can justify this crap. You move into my town and now I am supposed to change everything to make you happy? WTF?

Folks, you bought your house fully knowing there is a gun club near it – If you didn’t then go sue your Realtor as the gun club has been there since the 1920’s or so, long before your house was . . . How they hell you get any rights to shut it down is beyond me. You don’t like the club well no one made you buy the house there. Move. You came second, deal with it.

In a nutshell they want damages for trespass, assault and nuisance. They also want an injunction to keep us closed. I want to know, can members of the club sue them for the loss of range time? Wouldn’t that be great? You pay for a membership but you can’t use it because these folks are preventing it. I would love to see them (the neighbors) have to pay us back our dues since the membership is useless because of their actions. . . . . . I know, but it is a nice dream. Since this is MA these people may actually win no matter what the law is so I guess I need to start looking for another range to use this summer. . .

And for the record I still have not heard of any proof that any of the bullets they claim stuck house came from the club. For all we know folks are out in the woods shooting that should not be and they hit the house if in fact any really were hit.
They claim to have the bullet, and I believe the one guy using that size gun offered to have it tested and then all that went quiet. Maybe they know the bullet did not come from the club . . .

We will see. . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how people just move into an area, and then think they own the entire surrounding community. NIMBYs are becoming more numerous, more powerful, and more obnoxious... and even more stupid. Precedence does not matter, just them and their desires... selfish twits.

Conant said...

With respect to claims of nuisance due to noise from the range, you should be fine as a result of MGL c 214 7B, which basically says that if a gun range was in compliance with local noise law when it was built, it will always be OK.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/214-7b.htm

214 sec. 7B is a rare example of a sensible Massachusetts gun law.

JD said...

Conant - thanks for the reference, I will look that up.