Friday, August 1, 2008

Robin of Sherwood

Found Robin of Sherwood at BJ’s (or rather my wife did. . .)

I remember this from when I was in High School. This was the 1984 show on Showtime with the classic Robin Hood figure with a bit of updating. They added some magic, Hurn the Hunter (an image of the pagan Horned God) as Robin’s mentor and shot it all in England.

I watched the first movie last night and wow how I remember it being much better filmed that it was. It is funny how the way they film something can just scream what time period it was actually made in cause boy did this look 80’s.

Overall it was a good trip in the wayback machine and I look forward to watching the rest of them. The DVD set is the first 14 shows and movies for the first two seasons which were the good ones anyway. I think it did make a third and maybe fourth season with a different character taking Robins place but they just were not as good (but still worth watching).

I love it when these old shows come back either on Cable or DVD but man did it get me feeling old. . . .

No comments: