Saturday, August 16, 2008

Life and Death

My Dad In Law is hanging in there for now and all the kids are home to see him so that is good. He is still dealing with a lot of pain and has said a few times he is ready to go.

We were over there tonight and it was really surreal to look at my 15 mo old son in his high chair eating dinner and knowing that my 85 yr old in law was in the next room dying. It is strange to see things so close - one life just starting out and one ending in the same area. I am not really sure how to put it into words but it made me thing about it all for a bit. . . .

I don't thing he has much time left, and with the pain he is in I have to say I think it will be good when it is over. There is not much that can be harder on someone than watching someone you love in this kind of pain and knowing that there is nothing you can do and there is only one end to the whole thing. It is going to be a tough few days I think. . . .

1 comment:

Borepatch said...

JD, I'm sorry to hear this. We'll keep you in our prayers.