Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Comcast Update

Well it looks like the tech did get my mother hooked up for cable. Problem is he ran the wire around the outside of the house after he could not get it through the conduit that we had buried for it. Seems he (or possibly the phone guy, I can't say for sure) pulled the leader rope from the wrong end so I will have to see if I can fish out the end of the rope and run the cables myself. Hey, at lest mom has her TV . . . .

I have to admit that even though this is not good it is better than the phone guy did who could not even find the conduit to run the phone through. . . . . You would think we were hiding it but it is sitting right by the electrical meter. Heck, the phone guy even opened the far end of the conduit to feed the line though so he would not have to drill through the foundation to get the line in. . . . . . So now the phone and cable are going through the junction box at the far end of the conduit into my house.

I guess I will spend my Saturday seeing if I can re-run the phone and cable through the conduit like it should be instead of having it laying on the ground. I hope the cables are long enough. . . .

I also want to say that within an hour or so of my post yesterday I was contacted by Comcast by someone in the Digital Media Outreach group offering to help fix this issue. I have decided that it would be better to run the cable myself to get it done right as this is not the first time I have had problems with techs running cables . . . . but they did at least offer. They must be constantly searching for referenced to themselves on the net.

No comments: