Monday, July 28, 2008

Batman – The Dark Knight

Went to see it last night. Overall a good movie.

I don’t think that there was any way it could have lived up to the hype it got. Heith Ledger was a great Joker, and brought the concept of a twisted bad guy to a new level. I loved him in this roll but I honestly don’t know that it was worth an Oscar. Maybe he was so good and that is why I don’t see the Oscar but we will see. . . . I don’t know what movies he is up against so can’t say at this point.

I loved the characters in the movie. They had depth and feeling in them that you don’t often see in a “Superhero” movie. I like the way Alfred and his aid in R&D fit in with the story and how they play such a critical roll in keeping Batman going in the right direction when he could so easily tip to the dark side. . .

Overall it was well worth the trip although I left feeling like they tried to put a bit much into one movie. There were points where it did seem to drag a bit to me, and although the ending was great, I did think they could have got there a bit sooner without a problem.

I do have to back up what others have said that this is a very very dark movie that is good but don’t take the kids to it. Some of it would be rather hard on kids I think. . .

Now I need to get to the new Hell Boy and see how that was. I finally saw the first one on DVD this weekend and loved it.

No comments: