Monday, July 14, 2008

Comcast Sucks

I love this one. . . I called Comcast and set up an install of a cable box and wire in an in-law apartment. The tech gets there, ain't so good at speaking English and tells me on the phone he don't have time to run the cable, he has too much to do. He just wanted to attach the box and run. . . all he has is the box. Also tells me they don't run the cable outside the house? WTF!!?? They ran cable all over my house when I had cable first put in. . . . You can't get good help any more

I can't wait until we can get FIOS in my town, I will gladly dump Comcast and all their BS. If I can get this moron to leave the box I guess I will have to wire the cable from where it comes into the main house myself. . . not sure why this smuck can't do his job. Cable folks, over paid and under worked I guess.

One piece of wire, two connectors and a splitter box or two and he can't handle it. . . .

UPDATE 2 hours later
OK, it looks like I got some attention. I have been told by my wife at home that the cable is run and Nana has cable now. I will see what they did when I get home. I also got an email from Comcast based on this blog entry looking to help resolve the problem so I have to give them points for that on the customer service scale. I will put up a new post with the final outcome but things are starting to look up. I should know better than to not go over everything with the folks at home before going to work. You know what they say about assuming things. . . .

I really thought the guy was going to drop off the box and leave me to run the cables, that is where I had left it after talking to the tech on the phone so things are better than I expected at this point.

UPDATE 24 hours later
See blog entries above, but in a nutshell they have emailed and called me to fix this issue. I have to say I am impressed with the reaction of their customer service group in trying to get this fixed to my satisfaction. Sadly this is not the kind of reaction you get these day so it really stands out that they are willing to work with me to fix this without my having to fight them to do it. I am impressed Comcast, you had a problem and you are doing a good job trying to fix it. Thanks

No comments: