Monday, July 21, 2008

Blogger Shoot ‘08

OK, here is a bit more detail on the event. . . Did I say I had fun yet??

As others have said better than I, there seems a problem with the logic of the gun grabbers in MA and elsewhere. I was around lots of armed folks all day, with lots of guns of all kinds going off, an no one got mad, no one got shot, no one got threatened but they all had a good time. I guess there is just something wrong with us, maybe the blogging but there was no blood spilled of any kind that I saw. . . . Maybe the Lefties are lying about guns????

That was an awesome time. There were lots of guns to try, targets to shoot and folks to talk to. I know I almost blew soda out my nose at least twice – there were some funny folks there. IF you thing the blogs are good you should meet them in person. . . . anyway it was a great time (did I say I had fun?)

It was great to meet all the folks, but the real fun was the shooting, after all that is what we were there for. I managed to spend most of my trigger time on my AR and WASR 10 but did get in a bit with the lever action. Sorry, forgot who but someone let me take a few shots at some skeet, and I have to say I may need to get me a shot gun. . . that was cool.

For me the most exciting part was the automatics that were there. Never having fired one before that was COOL. It was the Madsen m/50 in 9mm. Nice to shoot, not much muzzle clime and easy to control.

I have a list of the bloggers that were there on the side, go take a looks, some of them already have photos up and film of the bayonet charge on the Tella Tubby. . . Jay, that was cool, still smiling thinking about that. . .

The Furby also bought the farm (the great Furby Masacre of 08). I have photos of both that will be posted in the next day or so. Let me just say there is something funny about listing to Furby sing as he is hanging on a rope at the end of the range waiting for folks to unload on him. Poor bugger didn’t even get a last smoke or a blindfold but he did go out singing – now that is guts for a Furby.

The water jugs were fun to shoot at too. Once they got hit and blew water all over they would dance around the range nicely. One even ended up on the top of the backstop after getting hit by who knows what. The ground where they were ended up looking like someone had rotor tilled the place when we were done. Now that is a lot of lead going down range. . . . I have to second Marko’s comment that there were no deer within 5 miles. After all that I am sure we had all wildlife in the area on notice. . .

The only down side is I now know what it means to live in a free state. . . Imagine having a range in the back yard and no one cares. . .. I think I had my eyes opened. I thought I knew how repressive MASS was, but now I really know. Freedom tastes good, I know I am going to have to escape from MA as soon as it is viable to do so. Thanks to the housing market that won’t be soon enough I fear. . . . . . but I have seen freedom and I want to live there. The wife hates snow so we probably will head south, but that will do for me when the time comes. . . .

I am still grinning ear to ear after all that. My wife told me I sound like I just went to Disney World. . . . So yes, I have to say I had fun. I have even gotten comments at the office that I look like I had a good weekend = )

Update - I forgot to mention the keyboard. . . . When used as a skeet target they are quite impressive. All them keys raining down was quite a show. . . I don't think anyone got a photo of that one unfortunately. . .

2 comments:

Borepatch said...

JD, it was better than Disney World. Disney World with *explosions* - life is sweet!

Jay G said...

"Disney World with Explosions"

That's going up as my quote of the day...