Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Virginia Tech One Year Later

More on this later but here is a nice article in the NYT on it.

Edit

Ok it is now evening and I have been thinking about this on and off all day. I think the obvious stuff has mostly been said about this whole sad event. The one thing that still gets to me is I don't thing we are one step closer to preventing another one, or identifying anyone who may do this. All we have now is more sharply divided liberal vs gun owner on how to fix this.

The choices seem to be stick our heads in the sand and pretend it won't happen again or do something to fix it, and most seem to have taken the stick you head in the sand option. Gun free zones don't work. And can someone please tell me what magic there is on college campuses that make everyone fear a lawful, licensed gun owner? Why do they seem to think that someone who has been found fit to carry a gun almost anywhere else in public will suddenly go nuts when they cross that magic line onto school property. I will believe in the gun free zones when someone can explain the magic to me. . . . . Until then, someone please get us back to sanity and allow us to defend ourselves and our loved ones. . . .

No comments: