Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Disney VMK or Virtual Magic Kingdom

Disney has lost it’s way it seems. For the first time I have seen Disney do something that hurts itself and the kids it celebrates so much

They are closing the Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK). I know this has hit home in my house. My younger daughter is in tears over this closing. She loves this game like no other. We are a family of Disney nuts so we were happy with her playing on it knowing it was Disney so child friendly. In May all that will be gone and I have to say I am not sure how to deal with it. Part of me say she will get over it and move on, but part of me also says Disney should not be closing this and it has started to change my opinion of Disney and not in a good way. I love that Disney that lets us all be kids in the parks, and we go there every few years to enjoy a vacation that can only be Disney. Heck we are even DVC members (own their time share) and love it. . . . Now I don’t know what to do. I am going to attach contact info at the bottom of the post on efforts to save Disney VMK. If you have kids, or still in contact with your inner kid drop them a note . . . ..

What if we don’t save it?? I don’t know. I do know that my image of Disney has taken a big hit for the pain it is causing my daughter. I was hooked, and I got them hooked on Disney. They seemed to be different, but now they are starting to look like any other company that is out for my money. . . This will take a few days to sink in then I will see where I stand with them. I guess I will start with writing them and go from there. . .

You can contact the Disney Internet Group via:

CALL:
818-623-3200
818-623-3764
866 993-6263

EMAIL:
Brandy.Phillips@disney.com
brandy.phillips@dig.com
zayda.vidal@disney.com

WRITE:
Walt Disney Internet Group
5161 Lankershim Blvd., 4th Fl.
North Hollywood, CA 91601

FAX: 818-623-3577

Also check out

http://www.savevmktoday.com/

http://www.vmkmagic.com/vbulletin/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! There's not exactly a plethora of actual child friendly entertainment these days! I'll shoot off an email or 2, as well.