Monday, September 29, 2008

Let the Poo flinging begin

Well, they killed the bail out bill.

Now both sides are blaming the other for the failed vote. . . I am starting to see why this Congress has something like a 9% approval rating. . . .

I am not sure if I am for or against it at this point. I am sure that they seem to be pushing this through fast and I fear that they will add all sorts of pork to it for special interests and slip it by in the rush to pass it.

I guess I am glad it failed. I think we need to take a close look at the fix and make sure it is not all just more Washington Smoke and Mirrors but a real fix that we are being asked to pay for.

I am also not sure we will ever get a real fix out of these folks since they are the ones that caused the problem in the first place all in the name of letting everyone get a mortgage to own a home - whether you could pay for it or not. . . .

Fixing this mess is going to hurt no matter what and I think we should make sure it hurts Wall Street more than the voters so they may learn from the mistake. I also think we should vote out of Congress every person that has been backing Fanny and Freddy and telling us they were fine as they went down the tubes. . . . Lets see who F and F have been giving money to and boot them. . . . Oh Ya, that would be Obama and his gang of DEMS. . . . .

No comments: