Monday, June 23, 2008

Hanover Bonfire

We took the kids to the annual bonfire in Hanover this weekend. . . They do it for the 4th of July/ start the summer kind of thing and everyone turns out. I put some pics up since I can't do it justice with words, and the fire was smaller this year than last. I guess they are sick of having to wait all night for it to burn out then having to rebuild the baseball field they use. They also have to make sure they don't set the forest on fire too which has happened.

All and all it was a great time. When it gets going it is like daylight out there so I added a few crowd shots to show that too. . . . fun time in small town hicksvill. . . .

The fire is a collection of pallets that the town saves all year best I can tell. The pile is a good three stories tall, was taller last year. The post in the middle of the fire is a telephone pole best I can tell. You really can't get a feel for the size of this thing. . . You can feel the heat and folks have to back off as it gets going, you just can't get close to it. . . ..






No comments: