Wednesday, June 11, 2008

ALL CAPS

What is it with folks and sending email in all caps? Is it just me or do these folks not get it? I don’t remember when I was told but now it seems like I always knew that you didn’t do that, caps are like yelling, and you don’t do that in polite conversation.

Have you ever had to deal with this? I have a few folks at work that send me requests to do thing in all caps, sometimes with a few !! too. I am not sure how to breach this with them that it is a bit rude and insulting. . . Any ideas on how to deal with them without seeming like an a-hole?

2 comments:

s_baghaii said...

HELLO DEAR COWORKER,

WHEN YOU LOOK DOWN ON THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR KEYBOARD, DO YOU SEE THE "CAPS LOCK" KEY? YOURS APPEARS TO BE STUCK. CAN YOU HIT IT ONCE AND REFRAIN FROM SENDING MESSAGES IN ALL CAPS IN THE FUTURE? IT IS RUDE. IT IS THE INTERNET EQUIVALENT OF SHOUTING.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHERE YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY IS, I WILL GLADLY HELP YOU FIND IT.

YOURS TRULY,
WORKER_BEE

JD said...

Sepideh

I like it but I am not sure it would go across well. . . I may still have to give it a shot. . .