Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fun with your Kids

Had a bit of fun last night driving the oldest daughter crazy. . . she was doing a school project and need to make a flamingo. Sooooo she asked what the color of the legs of a Chilean Flamingo was. . .

This began with “what color are flamingos to start with and if they can fly why would they stay someplace that was chilly. . . . now if you assume that they stay and get chilly then the legs would turn blue. . . of course if they are pink to start with then they probably start to look more purple than blue depending on the temperature. If you let them get too chilly then they become flamigcicles and all bets are off. . . but if they freeze you can still use them for lawn ornaments. . . . ”

At this point I was hit by a flying flip flop thrown by the same child I was trying to help. . . . I tell you I get no respect. . .

Yes, I did eventually push her to google it and get the right answer. . . . Of course the first thing I asked today was if she gave her chilly flamingos scarves to keep warm when she made them for her project . . . .

No comments: