Saturday, March 17, 2012

Karate Update

OK, I got off my ass and back into my karate with my younger daughter this time.  I have been away from my Uechi Ryu for about two years and now I am back!  Been at it since the start of the year and it is coming back to me.

I had a brown belt with two stripes. . . I still do but have to relearn a bit.

So far so good.  I have all five of my katas going again.  Just started working on the fifth one this week and it came back quick.  Now I have to relearn a bunch of the preset sparing type stuff . .  ..

I hope I will be going for my black belt within a year. . . we will see. . .

The best part of this is my daughter is enjoying it.  She has two kata down and is doing well.  It has been great to be able to take classes with her.  Good for Dad/Kid time and all that = )

No comments: