Friday, April 10, 2009

Range Report S&W M&P 9mm

OK, went with a buddy to the range today to test out the new acquisition. . . Smith and Wessons M&P in 9mm.

Well, considering I am use to a .380 it has a bit more of a kick. It also has fixed sights that will take some getting use to. I have to work on where they are set for. All my shots were a bit low but on the center line at least so I don't need to adjust windage. . .

Other than that? Great gun! I put about 70 rounds through it for a first time out. Now this is a Double Action Only gun so every trigger pull is a bit on the hard side but it is consistent. I think the harder trigger pull will be the tough part to get use to compared to my Markarov which is DO to start then Single Action like most autos.

Accuracy was good, I just don't shoot well with it yet. . . at about 20 yards I was on the paper and in the black for most shots. I even had a number of shots in the center so I was happy. I need more practice before I use it as a carry gun but I like it!

She fits the hand well and is easy on the hand for recoil. The 9mm is a bit louder than what I am use to also but not bad with plugs and head gear for hearing protection.

Now it is just about getting range time and getting use to the more powerful 9mm. I think she will make a great carry piece once I am comfortable shooting it! I have to say S&W made a nice gun here.

No comments: