Friday, April 3, 2009

A Bitter Sweet Day

Well, today is the last day at my current employer. I am moving on and start a new job on Monday.

While I am VERY excited about the new job and a bit nervous as it is all new (like everyone would be) and unknown I have to admit a bit of regrets leaving my current position.

The current job is a pain to get to and no real challenge which is why I am moving. But the people here are great. I have made a number of friends (even with folks that work for me) and I will miss seeing them every day. The company is going into some hard time, and management could be better but I think they will be OK in the long run. There are good folks here and if you let them they can do their jobs just fine and will get through this.

But the new and unknown calls! I am excited to get into this new job where I will be part of a team of Quality Engineers in a growing company. I will be the QE for a new product line they are bringing in house so that will be a lot of responsibility, work, and credit (I hope) when I get it done. The new job promises more growth potential professionally and pay wise so that is a win too.

As they say, as one door closes another opens. . . . On to the next adventure!