Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Additions

OK folks, went and spent my money a bit early for buy a gun day and here is what we came home with. . . .

First is a new carry gun, a Smith and Wesson MP in 9mm.


And the nice folks at S&W will be sending me two free mags for it too!

The .45 was nice but the gun was an extra $70 and the ammo is $5 more per box of 50 too. Since I think hitting your target is more important then a big bullet that misses I went with the 9mm so I can afford more range time with it. . . .

Since that was a fairly inexpensive gun, I also got my hands on a used shotgun for trying out some skeet shooting with my daughter. For that I got a Mossberg 500a


I had to download a manual for it but since it will be a skeet gun more than anything it will do for now. Eventually I may get other barrels for it for home defense and such but it is a start. . .

Now just go get to the range to try them out. . . .

2 comments:

Borepatch said...

Sweet! And skeet with your daughter will be double sweet.

And you'll have a shotgun to clean when young suitors come to call ...

;-)

Anonymous said...

Very nice 9mm! I'm a Smith and Wesson fan, too. http://tinyurl.com/d5ovu2