Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Lighter Side – Off Kilter the band.


Ok, time for some lighter blogging subjects. . .

While sitting here working and listing to my MP3 player I realized I needed to comment on a band that plays at Disney and if you like folk music with a twist you have to hear.

Who is this band you ask? Well, they are called Off Kilter and they play at the Canada pavilion in Disney’s Epcot park.

They are GREAT live or on CD. They play a mix of traditional Irish stuff and some of their own stuff. The trick is they have a rather unique sound. They have the traditional bag pipes but you can add to that electric guitar, electric base, keyboards and drums.

These guys ROCK. If you have ever been to Epcot you know the World Showcase Lagoon in the middle of the World Showcase – You can hear them across it when they really get going!!! That tends to piss off the family because I then usually take off for Canada to see the rest of the show complaining that I missed the start of it. . .

I tend to catch them a number of times when we go to Disney as they play a bunch of times each day there.

If you ever get the chance I highly recommend going to see them. You can hear some of their music on their web site – www.offkilter.net

No comments: