To start with lets look at some facts on voter fraud so far this election:
Among the recent allegations of voter fraud:
• In Indiana, Democrats want to expand the number of early-voting locations in heavily Democratic precincts. “There’s voter fraud, they’re trying to steal the election,” Lake County, Ind. GOP Chairman John Curley tells CBS2Chicago.com.
• ACORN workers in Nevada used felons to assist with voter-registration drives, some of whom had been convicted of identity theft. “Some of these [registration forms] were fraudulent; we basically had the starting lineup for the Dallas Cowboys,” stated Secretary of State Ross Miller. “Tony Romo is not registered to vote in Nevada. Anyone trying to pose as Terrell Owens won’t be able to cast a ballot.”
• In Ohio, voters are allowed to register and vote the same day, which would obviously complicate any attempt to verify their eligibility to vote. The Ohio GOP has filed suit asking a federal judge to force state electoral officials to compare address and other information to the state Bureau of Motor Vehicles database. The GOP also charges that the Ohio secretary of state is disenfranchising voters by refusing to count their ballots unless all of the appropriate boxes were checked.
• Three people were arrested in Hampton, Va., for alleged voter fraud in July, after they apparently used names gathered from the local telephone book and bogus Social Security numbers and birth dates to complete registration forms.
• The Milwaukee police department filed a report earlier this year that thousands of people have streamed across the state line from neighboring states such as Illinois to cast ballots. Those voters presumably returned home to cast a second vote in their state of residence. Also, Milwaukee election officials recently turned in 32 more voter registration workers to the district attorney’s office for possible prosecution, bringing the total cases pending to 39.
Now folks, how is Sen. Hopenchange going to unite the country with this crap going on? Can someone tell me that please?
True or not you will have the lawyers all over this election and the right will scream fraud and the left will scream it is a conservative set up and the fight will begin. I really can not see how we will get through this election without the country becoming even more fractured along “party” lines than it is now.
Should Obama win it will be assumed by the right that he stole the election with voter fraud and they will start all the BS that the left now uses against Bush for “stealing” the election from Gore. . .. anyone see where this is going???
Yep, we will be worse off than before. Or at at best no better off. . .
If McCain wins then the left will scream it was due to racism and all the votes that they declared void due to fraud. . . . Again, no healing here folks. . . .
Maybe we will get lucky and both parties will self destruct over this election. It would be nice to see a few new parties out there that were not whack jobs. . . I want a party for the average American. One that backs the Constitution without wanting a police state. One that gets the government and the high taxes off the working folks of this country and stops supporting the welfare state. One that will defend our borders without getting into nation building. . .
This is going to be an interesting election no doubts, but I fear it will do more harm than good to this country. . .