Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Need to learn people skills. . . .

I think I missed one. . . I mean I have to pay more attention to folks I meet. . . .

While I was at my Brother in Laws yesterday I brought along my new AR-15 to show him knowing he was another gun person and would appreciate looking over a new piece of hardware as much as I do. . . . . Where I went wrong was my Niece’s boyfriend was over too for dinner. I didn’t think much of it until we were leaving (gun all cased up and such) and I was getting some good hearted ribbing from my Brother in Law that I could leave the rifle and all that when the boyfriend (I admit I forgot his name. . .never was good at names) mention something about the nice looking AK. . . Now he is obviously not a gun person, or at lest not much of one not seeing the difference in the guns, although all he said he saw was the handle (pistol grip). I should have included him in things and didn’t. Now he didn’t seem bothered the least bit about the gun, so I doubt he is anti-gun, but I think I may have missed a chance to bring someone more over to the pro side and it was right there in front of me. . . .

Guess I know what I can put up as a resolution for the new year. . . to keep my eyes open and do better next time. . . . .

No comments: