Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Northeast Blogger Meet, Greet, and Shoot

OK, I have to start off with the most important comment – JayG at Marooned has done it again!

A good time was had by all both at the dinner and at the shoot the next day. And did I mention that we all got to meet Ambulance Driver? Way cool.

Dinner was great! We had a semi-private area so we could all talk and make noise and otherwise have a great time. The food was good, the conversation was better, and it was hard to drink anything without the Class 2 Beverage Alert issues. . . AD is as funny in person as he is on the blog, possible funnier. It also didn’t help that the rest of the gunnies are a rather funny group too.

We had a great time, got to meet a bunch of new folks and Jay even managed to get a photo of all the knives we were carrying without getting arrested – not easy in MA. . . . You all need to go over to JayG’s blog Marooned to get the complete list of who was there but it was a bunch. While AD still topped the distance traveled list with his visit from way down south we also had a couple from Ohio Heath and his wife Amanda! All the way to MA to see AD and a bunch of folks from New England. Way to go!

The Shoot the next day had a few less folks being as it was a work day. Well worth the day off even if the Mass weather was against us with the coldest day of the week.

I will post what I have for some range pics tonight if I can but Jay has a bunch up. We had a great time and as you can see from the pile of brass much lead was send down range from everything from .22 pistols to the 1911’s and on the long guns again we went from .22s to Evil Black Rifles (of various sorts) and some bigger stuff like Enfields and such too

The event ended with the required bayonet charge of a random stuffed creature . . . film has already been posted on that one below. . .

I am sure I will think of more to post later. And I have to update my list of Bloggers I have now met! But I also have many guns that I have to clean tonight and get put away. . .

Thanks again to Jay for setting this all up and to Liz and Bill for hosting the shoot. It was great guys and gal, thanks so much for putting this together!

Oh ya, and a side note for all the hoplophobes. . . All them guns, knives and folks in one place and no one got hurt. . . I didn't even see one weapon try to make anyone do anything evil. . . sorry
= )

1 comment:

Jay G said...

"All them guns, knives and folks in one place and no one got hurt..."

That's not entirely true.

The Snubbie from Hell™ bit my trigger finger. Damn evil guns...

I'm glad you had a good time, JD. Seems to be a pretty universal theme.

Oh, that and AD's "minute-of-berm"...

D'OH!!!