Thursday, March 5, 2009

GM Going Down

From CNN

Looks like GM needs more money or they will go bankrupt. Now I love GM cars and that is all I have purchased myself but I gotta say - "No money without dumping the union"

The Auto Unions make it impossible for us to compete with Japan or anyone else. They need to face the facts and deal with it.

I was in a GM/Packard Electric owned plant for work a few years ago to demo some equipment for there wire line. They would not let me unpack my own equipment, needed a carpenter to do that. No, you can't plug it in, we need the electrician to do that. No, you can't unplug or repack it, we need the union guys back to do that. . . . can you say total lack of efficiency and they wonder why they can't make a car that can compete with cost or quality with the foreign stuff. . .

Then add to it the engineer I was working with told me to check behind a stack of boxes and you will find a guy sleeping, he does it every day. . . . He was right. The guy noticed I caught him and after I went back to work he quietly got up and went back to work giving me a dirty look. . . .10 minutes later I saw him go back behind the boxes. . . . They can't do a thing about him because he is union and if they did anything he would file a grievance against the engineer and get the engineer in trouble or fired. Nothing would happen to him for sleeping.

If we don't break the auto union, there is no way the auto industry in the US will be able to succeed. . . Maybe we need to let them go Bankrupt so we can get things under control again and start paying the Union folks a fair wage for the job they do, not the inflated one they get now. . .

No comments: