Saturday, November 30, 2013

A day at the Range

Took my oldest and her new boyfriend to the range yesterday.  A great time was had by all.

Went through a bunch of .22 with them both, some 9mm and .45.  She stuck mainly to .22 but did good.  He tried them all, and did good for someone that has not shot much.

Me. . . well I call it a successful trip.  I also tried a new grip and found that I am no longer shooting low left. . ..now I am scattered around and in the black.

I think that is a step forward now I need to work on tightening up the grouping.

I think it is funny, I got into teaching guns and gun safety so I can get more folks into shooting and hopefully licensed here in MA to protect all our rights.  But I find that the more I work with other instructors the more I am learning too.  I had hoped it would turn out this way and am psyched it did.

Now if we could just fix the ammo shortage thing and get more range time it would be great!

To help on that front I have purchased a LaserLyte blue gun and hope to get their laser target and training laser for Christmas so I can dry fire practice at home without using a real gun.  Not that I mind dry firing my guns but when you have kids I just think it is safer to have the blue gun out for training.  No real gun out means no accidents.  Some risks just aren't worth it if you can avoid them this easily.

Once I get that system going I will get more practice time, and save money on ammo.  I will do a full review on it when I am able to.

Stay safe folks, and have fun!

No comments: