Saturday, June 13, 2009

Masons

Well I got my notification this week, just have not had a chance to blog it yet. . . .. I got accepted in to our local lodge. Training starts next week.

I am excited about this for a few reasons - and no the national treasure or world domination are not them . . . . but would be nice = )

No actually I am psyched because my grandfather was a Mason and he crossed over when I was a kid, no more than 13 on my birthday. I was close to him as he lived with us. I think he is where I got my insane want to be an engineer from. . . .

anyhow I think it is cool to be following in his footsteps so this should be a great adventure.

I also like the fact that they do lots of good charitable work and it is all behind the scenes. You probable know about the Shriner's Hospitals that are Masonic. They also do a lot to help the local community from the schools and local families on up. All in all it is a way to give back some for all the good luck I have had in life.

I also have one friend in the Lodge that is pushing me to try it and telling me about all the great folks he has met so that helps too.

No comments: