Monday, November 17, 2008

Public Service Anouncment. . .

No Karate tonight. . . We had a chimney fire instead. . . .

Well that was exciting but there was not damage to the house. We need to get some work done on the fireplace and get it inspected before we use it again but all in all I can't complain. The fire crew was here quick and got things put out while it was still in the chimney.

So, since it is easy to forget this stuff, if you have a fire place, get it swept today. . . Going to be a long winter and you will want to use it. Be safe

3 comments:

Ted said...

Wow. Glad everything's OK.

We only use ours a couple times a year, but it's been a while since it's been swept.

Jay G said...

Timely, timely message JD. Glad to hear no one was hurt and that the damage was minimal...

JD said...

Ya, we were lucky, it is so easy to forget when you last had the thing cleaned and before you know it. . . .