Monday, November 10, 2008

Gun Sales throught the roof

From Mad Oger - (a gun dealer)

Sure, we had good sales today... made a few bucks. But let me tell you... I'd rather have had McCain and Palin win and not have sold as much as a BB Gun today. When you buy a new rifle, you should do so with a big grin in your face... not a jaw set in grim resolution. Guys who can barely keep their heads above water, buying whole cases of ammunition... untold personal sacrifice... to keep some ammo socked away... just in case. Just in case our fears or founded. Normally, such a purchase means good times for a weekend with friends. Not this time.

Our sales volume was extremely high and we've not see the like of it. I personally did over 23 Thousand Dollars in Black Rifle sales. That was just me. The other guys I work with all did between 5 to 10 each themselves. It was a madhouse. We are almost completely out of black rifles. We've got a few left. Monday, probably by lunch time, the crumbs will be licked clean.

Folks, that scares me. When folks buy guns "with jaw set in grim resolution" that is not someone buying a gun for fun and sports, that is a person buying a gun to save themselves and their family. We are getting closer to the edge and folks think Obama will push us over.

Pray he doesn't

1 comment:

The Gunslinger said...

JD, I was in my gun store Saturday...and the place was jumpin'. Seriously, they're taking orders, because stuff has flown off the shelves.

I bought stuff that won't even be in the store till next week!

It is absolutely crazy.

One of the partners wants to put a sign out: THANK YOU BARACK OBAMA..or call it the "Obama Clearance".

Funny...but sad.