Sunday, January 19, 2014

Another Successful Gun Class

Had another great day at the gun club yesterday.

This was my fourth class teaching with the club and we had 23 students, 18 or so of which were new to shooting and going for their first permits.  It was great to see a number of young women in the group learning to shoot.

This was also the first time I had control of the range for one group of students. . . a  bit intimidating to be suddenly running the range.  I got a "Hey John why don't you run this one" and I was off. . . . I wasn't going to say no!  gotta learn some time right?  And with all the other instructors their if I missed anything they would make sure I knew it = )

Anyway it went well as I explained the use of the .22 bolt action rifle, .22 revolver, and the 9mm auto handgun.  Afterwards I was told I did a great job, you wouldn't have known it was my first time! Which I took as quite the complement.

I am getting more and more into the training side of things.  I will be doing my first one on one class next weekend if all goes well.  I have all my PowerPoint's, posters and training stuff in line I think.  I am sure I will be tweaking things as I go but I think my club has given me a great start on this trip.  Now I just need to make up an easy way to transport everything to the range  = )

No comments: