Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Latest Acquisition

Since I didn't get to take it to the range to sight it in. . . .Here is a pic of the latest acquisition to the collection. . . . I got it from Santa. . . . I hope to get to the range this weekend to try it out = )


This is the Bushmaster AR-15 -A2 with standard stock and a 20" barrel. It came with a 9 round mag but I have managed to get my hands on two 20 round pre ban mags to go with it. The 20 round mag was what was originally use with the M-16 by the military until they saw the 30 round on the AK-47 and so as not to be out done they went to a 30 also. Is it about the same weight as my WASR10 (AK-47 for civilians) but the bullets/cartridges are much smaller as it is a 5.56mm instead of 7.62 (.223 cal instead of .300). I am told the accuracy is better but we will see.

This is one of the rifles I have always wanted to get my hands on so I am rather psyched to get it!!

2 comments:

s_baghaii said...

I hear that the day after Christmas is a BAD DAY to go to the range. It is filled with people with new toys that they do not know how to control.

JD said...

Well, I have a good range, I have to say I have never seen anyone doing anything stupid down there. The folks I have talked to have all been fairly knowledgeable about their guns and how to handle them properly