Friday, January 25, 2008

More Useless Gun Laws

More Bull SH*T gun laws for MA

Senate Bill 1354: An Act Regarding the Prevention of Illegal Gun Trafficking and Gun Violence Among Youth in the Commonwealth

[...]

SECTION 13. Said chapter 140 is hereby further amended by inserting after section 128B the following section:-

Section 128C. Whoever not being licensed under section 122 and who purchases or otherwise accepts and keeps within the commonwealth for any period of time more than 15 firearms during any 1 year period shall be punished by not more than 5 years in state prison and the licensing authority shall suspend any license or identification card issued under this chapter to such person for a period not to exceed 3 years*. This section shall not apply to firearms bequeathed through trust or devise.

Take a look at this. . . what is says is that in order to stop gun trafficking they will make it illegal for a law abiding citizen to have a gun collection. It does not matter if you have the cleanest record on the plant, you can’t have a gun collection of more than 15 guns or we will throw you in jail and take away your permit.

By exercising your GOD GIVE RIGHT and the Second Amendment Right you will be a criminal! We have to stop this BS and start getting the fools in the state house to deal with the real problems in this state, and it ain’t my gun collection I can tell you that! Not one of my guns has been trafficked, but somehow screwing me makes us safer? Can someone explain this one to me?

I can tell you what this foolish law would mean to me. It would mean that the nice collection I have started of military rifles would never get finished. I am a law abiding tax paying citizen of this state with a clean recored and I would be stopped from building up my collection of rifles. I have a few modern ones, I want to get some old black power, and some WWI and WWII rifles to add to my collection but if this passes I won't be able to.

Where is the outrage at this? How would folks react if someone said it was not illegal to own more than 6 knives in the house, that is all you need to put on your dinner table. Or how about you can only have one TV in the house, any more is a waste of electricity so you can't have them. Or maybe each family can only have one car so that we can cut down on all the problems with crowded streets and wear and tear on the roads? You can only have 10 books in the house, the rest are a danger that you may start thinking on your own. . . . .

Write your rep on Beacon Hill and tell him to kill this thing and get back to work on the serious stuff like fixing our roads and economy. . . It is getting closer and closer to the time where I think I will have to admit this is no longer a livable state and move. The discrimination in this state will run me out of here someday.

2 comments:

Mike W. said...

I suppose this law would also apply to those with a C&R license?

JD said...

I have to admit I don't know. The part of the law dealing with the gun limit that I have read does not make any distinctions for C&R or collectors. This is MA after all and they want us disarmed, those poor criminals can get hurt with a working C&R gun too you know. . .