Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mind Games

It's funny how random things can remind you of folks. I am going to blame this rant on AD and his last post on a person he lost on the job.

Anyway I was working and went to take a break and get a drink. Well anyway I pulled out some change to get a drink from the machine and noticed that I had a few state quarters in my hand. For some reason this triggered memories of my Father in Law who passed last summer. He was collecting them for a while for my kids. . . and we were too for a while. I don’t think my wife still is, I know I don’t but anyway. It is funny how the mind works.

Yesterday as we headed back to the hotel (I am off in NJ on business) we passed this huge discount store. Big signs all over it talking about all the different close outs they are selling and all the different kinds of stuff they have. My first thoughts were how my Dad would have loved to hit a store like that. He loved the ones near us called Building 19. All sorts of close outs and insurance deals there. My dad has been gone for over 3 years now. . .

Anyway, enough emotional stuff, back to work. . . Looking forward to tomorrow, I get to go home!

No comments: