Tuesday, July 31, 2007

commute from hell. . . .

Well it has been a hard few days to commute around here. . .

Friday some poor bugger got hit with a 250 lbs drain cover while driving on rt 128 near rt 95. they say a truck picked it up. . . anyway it went through his front windshield and got him a nice helicopters ride to a hospital in Boston where his is still sitting four days later. No news on him but I guess they think he will pull through. This sht down rt 128 for something like 8 hours or so. It took me almost 4 hours to get from the Braintree split to rt 95 south, at which point I bailed out and went home. . . figured I could work better from there.

So Monday I head into work and I get up to rt 128 and my car alternator goes out. . . . I managed to get off the highway before it died totally but this makes day two of unsuccessful commute for me. I did manage to make it in by noon after ordering a replacement part. Thank God for warranties as I had replaced the alternator back in FEB!

And now my company is looking to go even further north as they consolidate divisions into one location. . . this is getting to be fun. . . . .

On the home front Jack is doing well and getting bigger. He must be up to 12 lbs by now. I will get more photos posted soon.

Nana's apartment is moving along. they started to get windows put in yesterday and I have a driveway full of sand, bags of cement and bricks for them to do the first floor walls with. All in all the addition has gone very well so far, I hope my luck holds on this. . .

No comments: