Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mason News

Here in MA we have a thing called a Rookie Award for new Masons. The
idea is for us to get invovled in the lodge by doing a number of
things in the first year of membership and if you get it all done you
get an award. . . . a way to get you going in the craft.

I finished all my stuff about three weeks ago and submitted it. . . .
found out last night that I will get my award and pin at the Lodge of
Instruction this month!!! WOO HOO!

Personally I think this is a great idea and it was easy to do. It got
me doing things with the lodge, helped me to meet the other members
and really helped me to get setteled in. If you don't have one of
these in your area you may want to propose it to your Grand Lodge.
You can find info on it at the Mass Grand Lodge site. As I said, it
is fun, and helps to get you involved so you will stay involved. We
have way too many brothers who join then ask " what now?" and slowly
fade away. This has worked, and gets you going so you stay in the
lodge and get involved!!

No comments: