Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathersday!

Happy fathers day to all the dad's out there!

I have spent the day with my kids, and dinner will be a trip to the Outback for a nice steak.  Who could ask for a better day. . . . I figure I will finish off tonight with some work on one of my models and watching Top Shot on the History channel at 10.  Great show.  Now if I could just get some rain on that grass I just planted. . . .

On the other hand, it has been 4 years since my dad passed, and 2 since my dad in law joined him.  As much fun as I have had with my family today I still miss both of them.  I guess some things will never change.

Ambulance Driver has a great post on his dad who has also passed.  Go give it a read, well worth the time.  It made me thing a lot about my dad.  I wish we had shared something like AD did with his dad and shooting.  My dad was a doctor and a book worm, so we didn't do much together.  We made up for it in his last few years when he was sick.  I would go over every weekend and we would just sit and talk about life, what was going on with with me and the kids, how work was going and all that stuff.  I was lucky and got him to go over what he could remember of our family history with me before he passed.  It was a great time for me but I just wish I had not waited so long to do it.

I still miss him, always will. . .  ..

No comments: