Friday, September 14, 2007

Dog Days

well, today got off to a good start. 6:30 AM the guy shows up to swap out the dumpster that the builders are using. . . .Now I didn't know he was coming so as I get out of the shower the dog starts to go nuts and I hear banging outside.

Well, since the dog knows the workmen I let her out to go see what is up and say HI to them and to try to shut her up. Well, didn't go like that. next thing I know the pore sod is pounding on my door and here I am not dressed yet. . . .

Anyway so I throw on some pants and open the door to find this biker looking dude telling me the dog scared him and could I please move my car. Seems the dog which is harmless does do her best to keep up appearances and put on a good show barking at the guy. So out I go, moved the car and he did his thing swapping out the dumpsters. He was even nice enough to leave the porta potty he had to move right behind my truck so it couldn't move.

When the normal work crew got here they moved the porta potty for my wife and thought it rather silly that the dog scared him as they are all good friends with her. Hell of a way to start the day. Of course I thought I did good and he was lucky I could see what he was doing from the house. I am sure he would have needed new pants had I showed up at the door packing which I may have done had he surprised me and I thought some thug was at the door. . . . .

No comments: