Monday, August 2, 2010

Blogger Shoot 2010

Well the blogger shoot is over and all that is left is to buy new ammo and clean the boom sticks. . .

Had a great time and met a number of new folks, some even bloggers = )

I will be updating the bloggers I met list and all that good stuff this week.  Lissa and JayG have some good photos and info on the shoot on their blogs, you really need to go and read them over.

As for me, I have to say that my oldest and I had a great time.  I did most of my shooting with the black powder I have.  I did get a chance to try a fully suppressed fully auto .22. . . and so did my daughter.  I have to say it was fun.  It sounded like an old electric typewriter with a key stuck and boy did it go through 25 rounds fast.   Lots of fun!

The shoot stated out with the normal cannon shot, here is a good shot of Jay lining it up. . . minutes of berm my ass. . . .



We had the normal paper targets, some water filled coke bottles and such but the star of the day was ol' hello kitty. . . it went down with a good fight but it did lose.  At the end there were so many through and through that it was stuck to the backstop and didn't need the hanger any more. . . .


I also got to spend a good amount of time talking to the folks, met another Mason there, and made a bunch of new friends.  You know it is funny but the folks are so good to talk to at times the shooting gets in the way. . . (just kidding)

We also got to see a couple of pieces of history, an old Japanese machine gun, and a nice recoil-less rifle. . . photos below. . ..

This was really cool to see in person.  It helps that I am a WWII history nut. . . .

When all was said and done another great blogger shoot.  Great to see all the folks again and can't wait to get to the next one. . . . all those folks, all those guns, and we all had a good time and no one got hurt. . . . so much for blood in the street like the anti's talk about. . .

No comments: