Thursday, August 23, 2007

Corrupting the Young

Well, my older daughter has been bugging me to go shooting again before school starts up. If the weather holds I will taker her tomorrow after work along with a friend of mine and her son. Heres to getting the next generation into the shooting sports!

So far both kids love it. we do some paper targets and a plinking plate. She has only done a 22 rifle so far but I think I will have her give the AK a try tomorrow as I got a red dot on it so she should be able to aim it well enough. Nice thing about the AK variants is they have a good kick on the receiving end but not to bad a recoil for the shooter. . . Should be a fun night.

And yes, we go over safe handling of the weapons every trip to the range before they get to touch one. . . .

No comments: