Thursday, August 23, 2007

Big Dig

Hey sounds like more good news out of the big dig gang here in MA. . . We have two more issues with the dig, or more of the same issues with the dig depending on how you look at things. All I can say is I am glad I don’t drive through it every day. . . .

Issue 1 – we have warped plates holding the cables that make up the new Zakum (sp?) bridge. One side says the anchors are warped and the bridge is damaged. Question is how bad and is it safe to use now that they have made it the main road to got from Boston north. The other side says “don’t worry” they got warped when we put them in and all is ok. Of course the folks in the OK camp are the same folks that say the leaking in the tunnels is under control and had been greatly reduced, we have it under control.

Issue 2 – The tunnels leak and they don’t have it under control. They clamed that it leaked something like 8 million gallons and they have cut it in half – Well on the way to a total fix. . .. Latest tests show some 500 leaks, and say that it is leaking 7.5 million gallons a year so they did not fix it and it is going to damage the cement and support of the tunnels. . . .

And they wonder why we don’t have faith in the powers that be in Massachusetts. . . I don’t know, maybe it’s cause they keep changing the story depending on who they talk to and if it is an election year . . . I never thought I would say this but I want the Fed involved to clean house of all the corruption in the dig and to get it fixed once and for all. Not that I trust them much either but I have more faith in the Army Corp of Engineers than I do in any fool we have working on the project now. . .

Best of luck to those of you who have to drive in there. I hope it can be fixed before we have another person killed by the damn thing.

No comments: