Tuesday, August 9, 2011

North East Blogger Shoot

Had a great time this weekend at the 4th annual NE blogger shoot. . .

The oldest daughter and I went up for a day at the secret range to see friends, and try out lots of guns and overall have a great time.

Got to shoot a semi auto 1919. . . that was cool.  And an automatic belt fed .22  - fun and no recoil. . . and I got a good photo of me with a recoilless rifle. . .

the killer for the day was the 3" turkey shot loads. . .. in 12 ga. . .. OUCH.  I can still feel that one.

Many others have much better reviews, but let me just say it was a great way to spend the day. . . .

3 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Was it the 3" or was it Zercool's 3.5"?

Both are miserable to shoot, but one is MUCH worse!

Great seeing you guys!

JD said...

it was Zercol's 3.5s. . . still have the bruise to show for it. . . and I thought the slugs were bad. . .

JD said...

That is the best part of the blogger shoot, it is great to see all the folks again!

Now if we can just get that Sig class going = )